We own and operate four distribution terminals in British Columbia: Burrard, Nanaimo, Kamloops and Terrace.
A distribution terminal’s primary function is to receive large amounts of transportation fuel (such as gasoline, jet fuel, and diesel) from oil refineries; process the fuel to meet customer specifications, then distribute the fuel to various customers (retail gas stations, airports, etc.) by truck, rail, marine or pipeline.
The fuel you have in your vehicle’s gas tank was processed through a distribution terminal before being sold at the gas station.
- Located adjacent to the Burrard Inlet within the Greater Vancouver District
- Includes three separate facility locations in both Port Moody and Burnaby
- Houses Petro-Canada’s British Columbia Marketing offices and the Lubricant Distribution facility
- Receives fuel from two Edmonton refineries and international suppliers, processes it and distributes it to customers in the Lower Mainland and internationally
- Located along the Nanaimo Harbour
- Receives barges of fuel from Burrard Terminal to distribute to customers on Vancouver Island
- Receives fuel from two Edmonton refineries and Burrard Terminal and distributes it to customers in the B.C. Interior
- Receives fuel from two Edmonton refineries and distributes it to customers in Northwest B.C.
Our terminals have been a significant part of the community and economy in which they operate, supplying fuel, jobs, taxes and community investments. We pride ourselves on being a safe and efficient distributor of fuel products in B.C. We work hard on maintaining relationships within the communities where we operate and being a good neighbour is how we measure success.